Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Budget: God, I hate them

I didn’t live blog the budget. I struggle with the concept of live blogging. Partly because I think in the 24/7 news cycle in which we currently live there is enough commentary floating around to make my opinion absolutely irrelevant. Also because I have a very short attention span, and there is no way I could concentrate on anything for long enough to live blog it. And something as boring as Darling speaking is never going to hold my attention for more than 15 seconds, no matter how much his actual words wind me up.

So, another budget, another raft of tax increases. It really fucks me off that it is going to cost even more if you want to buy something alcoholic to drink. Just as it would really piss me off if I had to use a car to drive anywhere, and the government was fleecing me even more for the privilege. It really fucks me off that Darling bounces around the concept of spending the excess (and excessive) revenue on child poverty. What is interesting is that he uses child poverty as a catch all phrase – something he thinks we can’t argue against. But I want to know exactly how this money will be spent. I want to know how much the extra tax burden on anyone who fancies a pint or a glass of wine will be spent? How about a little transparency in your accounts, Darling, you skunk faced cunt?

But what really, really pissed me off about the budget was not Darling. Rather, it was Ed Balls. Balls managed to sum up everything that is wrong with this government. How? When Cameron commented on the "highest tax burden in history" Balls replied with "So what?" That is the mindset of the people in the cabinet. The money you earn is not your money. It is actually their money, and they have the right to take as much of it as they want. You can argue against it, scream that it is not right until you are blue in the face. But that is what they believe. And it ain’t going to change whilst total fucking arseholes like Ed Balls darken the corridors of power.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:40 pm , Blogger RobW said...

agreed, they're all cunts...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home