Saturday, October 09, 2010

On Jeremy Kyle

That video of the egregious twat that is Jeremy Kyle getting an envelope lobbed at him by a rat-boy is everywhere - but it really is worth seeing. So in case you haven't, here it is:


Now, don't get me wrong - Jeremy Kyle wades through the detritus of our society. Yep, that's a harsh thing to say, but from what little of the show I have been able to sit through the guests on there are not the best specimens that humanity has to offer.

Then again, if you're running a show like Kyle's, what do you expect? The premise - like all shows of this ilk - is for people to wash their dirty (and often fetid and utterly shameful) laundry in public. And guess what? People with pride, and with options, won't be willing to do that. However, the shameless and the desperate will. So Kyle gets both on his show.

Yet however base his guests may be, there is simply no excuse for Kyle's behaviour. He is an obnoxious, odious little cunt of a man. He is the sort of unsympathetic, judgmental man that it is impossible to like. At best, with Kyle, you can admire him for saying what others would not be willing to say to the dregs of our society. Which would be more admirable if he wasn't paid a fuck load of cash to do so, and he didn't have several thug like bodyguards who rush to protect him when he gets into trouble.

Kyle is a typical angry little man, full of bile but actually a coward beneath his strutting bravado. His brash, arrogant style achieves what should be impossible - he makes his guests appear sympathetic despite their numerous, glaring flaws - if only because they are being bullied and hectored by a man with no qualification other than he happened to get his own TV show.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the worst Kyle has had to endure is an envelope to the head. Frankly, I'd have though that someone would have kicked the living shit out him by now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:18 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

You are braver than me, I cannot bear to watch such shite for a second.

 
At 3:32 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

I watched half an episode once, lost in blank incredulity at both the behaviour of the guests and of that odious little cretin, Jeremy Kyle. A particular favourite was when Kyle chose to "cure" an alcoholic by shouting at him that he was a failure. Way to go, Jezza. That's bound to work. You patronising, ignorant twunt.

 
At 7:39 pm , Anonymous Jim said...

The man is totally odious. In the days when I had a telly, I was once forced to watch daytime TV as I was sofa bound by illness. I happened on one of his shows, and watched in incredulity as the bile spewed out of the screen. I tried to change channels but my Freeview box chose that moment to freeze up and the remote wouldn't work. I had to turn the whole thing off just to get him off my screen.

I really really hope people like him get some sort of karmic justice in the next life, if not this.

 
At 8:24 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

And our underclass must love having their own actions condoned by such awful rubbish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home