Monday, December 14, 2009

A New Campaign for the Christmas No. 1 Slot

For those of you who are cynical about the (increasingly dubious) attempts to make Rage Against The Machine Christmas No. 1, I give you an alternative. Yes, Half Man Half Biscuit are making a bid for the Christmas No. 1 slot (or, at least, the No. 2 slot) with their song "It's Clichéd to be Cynical at Christmas."

Of course, it one were to be a little bit cynical as we move into the festive season, then one would probably dismiss this as one of the most shameless examples of bandwagon jumping seen in a long while. But that's not really getting in the spirit of things. No, in order to show that I am fully bought into this latest craze for making anything other than The X Factor single Christmas No. 1, I'm going to launch my own campaign. Yes, pop pickers, I want to see The Ramones' festive toe-tapper "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)" as our Christmas No. 1. Join my campaign, buy the track*, set up the Facebook Group** and help us make an obscure track by an under-rated band Christmas No. 1!

*It is on i-Tunes.
**Because I lack both the time and the inclination to do so.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:03 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about; All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit?

 
At 9:38 am , Blogger Letters From A Tory said...

Nothing on this earth will stop X-factor from being number one, much as it pains me to admit it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home