Thursday, October 08, 2009

Guardian Questions on Royal Mail Wasters

The Guardian asks some topical questions:
But the postal workers have some public backing - almost 5,000 Facebook users have signed up to a group called I support the postal workers.

Do you? Or do you have more sympathy with Royal Mail? And whatever your views, how has the dispute affected you?
Let's take those questions one at a time.

No, I don't support any postal worker who has gone on strike. I do support those who have gone on working. If such people actually exist.

I do have more sympathy for Royal Mail - this will bury their already moribund business.

And this has affected me in two ways: I have had to wait up to several weeks to get first class letters and don't really get parcels delivered any more. Instead I have to pick them up from the delivery depot. The postman himself is perhaps the most prickly, lazy, self-important and arsey person it has ever been my misfortune to encounter. And that is saying something. I used to work in the recruitment industry, so have encountered more than my fair share of wankers in my time.

If I had the time, I'd form a Facebook Group myself. One called "Striking Royal Mail Postal Workers Are Total Fucking Cunts." And I'll bet you it would get more than 5,000 people signing up to it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:54 am , Blogger Letters From A Tory said...

Amazon are apparently on the verge of pulling out of a £25 million deal with Royal Mail because the packages don't arrive on time.

The great irony of the postal strikes is that it does more harm to the future sustainability of Royal Mail than any modernisation programme.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home