Monday, February 02, 2009

I despair of this stupid fucking country sometimes, I really, really do.

We have a little snow, and the whole country comes to a shuddering halt. Getting to work this morning was an epic trek that made Hannibal's trek across the Alps look like a stroll in the park on a summer's day. The tube station was closed, because there weren't enough staff. The tube network was struggling, because there were some trains stuck in the depot. As for the overground trains; don't make me fucking laugh. Not a hope of getting on one of those; mainly because they were kept in their sheds today. And how does TFL respond to the creaking of the transport network of out capital city under the weight of a bit of snow? They pull all the buses as well. So the only way of getting around this fucking town this morning was a shafted tube network. Good God alone knows how I will get home - perhaps I'll be able to find a sled and some huskies.

We don't need terrorist attacks or economic problems to cause this country to collapse. A bit of snow seems to do the trick.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:03 pm , Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

"Good God alone knows how I will get home - perhaps I'll be able to find a sled and some huskies."

Give Call Me Dave a ring: I'm sure he'll have a few spare...

DK

 
At 7:18 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Cameron wouldn't have any huskies to spare. He needs to keep hold of the ones he's got so he can hug them repeatedly in an attempt to win the green vote...

 
At 8:22 am , Blogger banned said...

I was going to stay in last night but went to the pub just for the pleasure of a bit of a trudge through the snow. Buses still running here btw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home