Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Hampshire, 2008

At the end of my last post on the US primary season I noted that "things could still change". I wish I had made more of this to accentuate my wisdom. Because things have changed.

Of course, things could change again. But I am relatively happy that the ludicrous Mike Huckabee and the Pakistan baiting Obama have been kicked, as Cartman would say, "square in the nuts." As a bonus, Mitt "Moron" Romney looks increasingly fucked. And not in the good way.
Sure, the alternative choices - a decrepit old man and a screaming harridan - are not exactly great, but at least they have some valuble experience and don't make policy decisions based exclusively on the supposed teachings of a fictional being.

No doubt people will get bored of me saying this, just as they will rapidly grow bored of the interminable US election, but this is not the election for the US to elect a Christian fundamentalist or an inexperienced senator, however great the narrative around that candidate is. As dull as it sounds, the US needs a safe pair of hands. Be it Clinton, be it McCain, be it Guiliani. None of those candidates are perfect, but they are one fuck of a lot better than the bottom of the barrel.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home