Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Malign, Misanthropic Genius

The Moai and I have been discussing the world of Viz this morning (look, it is an adult comic, and we are both adults, so there is nothing wrong with reading it) and in particular one of our favourite strips - the grimly compelling Drunken Bakers. It is not that funny, and often deeply depressing and quite painful to read. But that said, it is the first thing I turn to in Viz when it is published. In fact, I like the strip so much that if I was to form a band it would be called The Drunken Bakers in tribute to the misanthropic genius of that strip. Go to the link, and read some of the strips. You will either love it, or end up psychologically scarred. But some of our favourite quotes:

"'I recall belting a squat bloke with a ponytail.'
'Yeah, that was this morning. The little deaf girl.'"

"'Didn't we once have some Merry Christmases?'
'You might have. All I remember is throwing up.'"

"Your mouth is pissing blood."

"Got any Coke? This is a bit raw."

Genius!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home