Friday, October 23, 2009

Climate Change Insanity

It falls to another to accurately sum up my position on climate change as well as his own:
And I am not - I am, still, not - what they refer to, so offensively, as a "climate change denier". I believe that mankind can and does affect the planet, and I believe that effect is usually negative.

Will rising CO2 in the atmosphere cause warmer temperatures, changing weather patterns, and a few inches' rise in sea levels? Yeah, maybe - though the jury is still out. Even if the science were settled, though, does that justify dismantling the edifices of our civilisation, one by one? No, of course it doesn't. If it rains more, buy a fucking umbrella. If the seas rise, don't build your house on the beach.
I'd advise everyone to go and read the angry baby man's article in full - it neatly sums up just how insane the environmental industry lobby can be.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home