Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spam of the Day

Spam is fun. When it is really amateurish. Like this e-mail. "From" UPS. Apparently:
Unfortunately we were not able to deliver postal package you sent on October the 18st in time because the recipient's address is not correct.

Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office

Your UPS
Ignoring the fact that I have never, ever used UPS, there are another couple of problems with this half arsed scam. Like the date: October the 18st? Do we mean 18th? Or that October is 18 stone? And why would the e-mail me if the recipient's address is not correct and then expect me to pick up the parcel at their office (for which there is no address)? Surely it would make more sense if UPS - who probably have some experience in the field of deliveries - asked for a clarification of the address?

But that is all nitpicking next to the most glorious of mistakes. Like the fact that the body of the e-mail talks about UPS, whilst the title line talks about Fedex Tracking N5421062126. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but UPS and FedEx are two different companies...

And then we have the e-mail address: From: United Parcel Service crispnessrlm7@rotis.com. Now, for some reason I'm pretty sure that UPS and/or FedEx don't use that e-mail address... So you'll have to forgive me, *crispness*, if I don't rush to open the document attached to your e-mail.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home