Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Amazing

Apparently one of the 21/7 alleged would-be suicide bomber and mass murderers has claimed that he did not want his bomb to explode. BBC news reports:

"Mr Ibrahim has admitted making the homemade hydrogen peroxide and chapatti flour devices, but insisted none of them were capable of causing injury."

A frankly rather startling claim, I am sure you will agree. Well, Hans Michels, Imperial College Safety Professor certainly does:

"If he tested something which had 2kg of explosives and he wanted to survive that, he must have been very, very sure that it wasn't going off."

And he goes on to describe Ibrahim's claim as "amazing".

Quite. I'd go a little bit further than that though. I would best define Mr Ibrahim's claim as "total toss". I would say, that if you don't want a bomb to go off and you don't want to hurt anyone, then your best strategy would be not to build the bloody bomb in the first place. I am fully committed to not blowing up other people, and can attest from personal experience that my success in this area has been based around my refusal to make explosive devices.

Fuck me, it is not rocket science, is it?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home