Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Via the Chase Me Ladies blogspot I have come across the John Doe Manifesto. And very silly it is too. But the particular bit that stands out to me goes:

“I will never forget the example of the passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 who refused to sit back on 9/11 and let themselves be murdered in the name of Islam without a fight.

“I will never forget the passengers and crew members who tackled al Qaeda shoe-bomber Richard Reid on American Airlines Flight 63 before he had a chance to blow up the plane over the Atlantic Ocean.”


Oh really? If you are never going to forget them, then name them. Go on, name them. Hell, name just some of them. I’m not claiming I can name any of them myself, but then again, I am not devising a crappy mantra about being vigilant about terrorism.

I rather think that defeating the threat posed by global terrorism may be partly down to the security services and law enforcement organisations as well as individuals keeping their eyes open. And I also rather think that further ostracising members of the Muslim community with this sort of unmitigated bollocks may be a tad counter-productive, not least because - as the long campaign of the IRA shows for example - not all terrorists are Muslims...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home