Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Tax Cut That Costs Me More

Apparently Gordon Brown has reduced income tax. The concept of our Dour Drip of a Chancellor actually doing something that will save me money left me frankly incredulous, so I was grateful to the BBC for setting up this calculator to show what benefit - or lack thereof - I will actually get from Brown's latest attempt to hide his staggering fiscal incompetence. And - oh, what a fucking surprise - I will actually end up, through indirect taxes, paying more.

Sheesh. Those Nu Labour stealth taxes are now so fucking obvious that even the toothless, terrified BBC has caught on to them.

The worst thing is I should be postively affected by this budget. If this is Brown's big pitch to be as green as Hug A Husky Cameron, then I should be up on the deal. I don't have a car, let alone a "gas guzzling car", and my morbid fear of flying means I am not overly fond of getting on a plane. Whilst I am not an environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination and actually think a lot of the climate change talk is a load of half baked bollocks, my carbon foot print is actually minimal. Brown should be encouraging people to be like me, since my only real taxable vice is the occasional over-indulgence in cheap lager. But no, I - like almost every one else in this country, I am guessing - have been shafted by the shifty, misanthropic, power hungry cretin who lives at Number 11 Downing Street.

All this budget reveals is the fact that Brown's entire career - from the moment he got his grubby digits on a Parliamentary seat through to this budget - has been about Gordo becoming Prime Minister. He is not willing to do anything that will upset his chances to get into Number 10. So he will not take any of the difficult decisions involved in cutting government expenditure - such as cutting back in pointless government schemes or employees - for fear of upsetting his ministerial colleagues or raising the unemployment figures. But equally he has no issue with telling people that he has cut taxes, even when this is an out and out lie. Look at this budget. He has dropped income tax for a lot of people. But he has not missed a single opportunity to fleece even more cash from the people in any other possible way. The man is a two-faced, arrogant, deceitful cunt - he is no different from the used car salesman who tries to con you into buying into him with a mix of false promises, mis-informed statistics, and downright lies. Except the used car salesman will have more charisma.

Brown's final budget should be a good thing - the last time we have to endure his evasions, spin and downright lies and pay for them afterwards. But the alarming thing is that the next budget will almost certainly see Brown not just in charge of the Treasury, but the country as a whole.

Now that sends a shiver down my spine.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:36 am , Blogger The Moai said...

Axing the 10p rate hurts those we should be encouraging to join the workforce the most. What sort of Labour chancellor is this?

OK, now I'm being naive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home