Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tom Watson Resigns

I, like most people in this nation, had never heard of Tom Watson until he signed the letter stabbing Tony Blair in the back.

Fair play to the man. He has seen that Blair is an absolute liability for his party and therefore has decided to do the decent thing and try to fuck him over. I would imagine Watson's main concern is not for the nation or the party, but rather he is looking at the polling figures and shitting himself - he sees himself job-hunting when he loses his seat at the next election.

The BBC do us the great service of publishing his resignation letter. And what a load of toadying Nu-Labour bollocks it is. Even when he is quitting, he is butt kissing.

"I have served the Party at every conceivable level and your own leadership since 1994 in a dozen different capacities, latterly as MP for West Bromwich East, a Government Whip, and as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Defence. "

Fleshing out the CV are we, Tom?

"My loyalty to you personally, as well as to the Party and the values we stand for, has been absolute and unswerving."

Presumably written with an ironic laugh.

"My pride in what our government has achieved under your leadership is beyond expression."

Don't make me puke. Name 5 achievements and I will buy you lunch, Tom. Which, now you have committed political suicide, is an offer not many people will be making.

"We have revolutionised the lives and expectations of millions of our citizens, combining social justice with prosperity in a way which is unprecedented in the history of our country."

Except, you know, revolutionising the lives of the poor.

"Your leadership has been visionary and remarkable. The party and the nation owes you an incalculable debt."

Man, crawl out of Blair's anus. You have quit. The time for brown nosing is long gone. And I would say that Blair owes the nation a debt, not the other way round. Staying at No. 10 has got to be pricey, and most PM's do stuff to try to justify that expenditure. Blair has done next to nothing, and what he has done is generally negative (Iraq, anyone?).

"How and why this situation has arisen no longer matters."

I think it does, Tom. Parties and politicians learn from the mistakes of others (or at least should do.) Or maybe you don't know who the situation has arisen. That would be very Nu-Labour. Jumping on a band wagon, isn't it?

"As you know, I had a conversation with the Chief Whip last night, in which she asked me to withdraw my support from the 2001 intake's letter calling on you to stand down, or my position would be untenable as a government minister."

You needed the Chief Whip to point that out to you? You think, that after stabbing the leader of your party and the government you serve in the back, your position might still be tenable? What, did you think that Blair might go "ooo, that Tom, he's a one, isn't he? Asking me to resign! What a cheeky wee scamp! Gotta love him though! Maybe I'll promote him, because if there is one thing I love, it is people being outspoken in their opposition to me!" Jesus, Tom, get a grip!

"I cannot withdraw my name, and therefore I accept her judgement."

Make a decision for yourself, you spineless twat. Make your own judgement!

Still, fair play to him, he has done the deed and helped hasten the end of the Blair regime. And I don't want people to think I am supporting Blair in any way. Oh, no. If the man was anything other than a cowardly cunt he would have sacked Watson as soon as he heard about the letter.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home