Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yo! Blair! Yo' no statesman, yo' know it! Yo' ma b*tch!

I quote from the Independent:

Blair: I don't know what you guys have talked about, but as I say I am perfectly happy to try and see what the lie of the land is, but you need that done quickly because otherwise it will spiral. (Meaning: 'Please, George, let me go to the Middle East and be a world statesman')
Bush: I think Condi is going to go pretty soon. (Meaning: 'No')
Blair: But that's, that's, that's all that matters. But if you... you see it will take some time to get that together. (Meaning: 'Oh well, all right, if you don't want me to. Just a thought')
Bush: Yeah, yeah.
Blair: But at least it gives people...
Bush: It's a process, I agree. I told her your offer to... (Meaning: 'Drop it. You're not going.')
Blair: Well... it's only if I mean... you know. If she's got a..., or if she needs the ground prepared as it were... Because obviously if she goes out, she's got to succeed, if it were, whereas I can go out and just talk.

Go away and read the whole article, here, then come back. It is worth reading, as it may make you laugh a lot. Or, if you are like me, it will make you very angry at the shameless toadying little ferret who claims to be the leader of the UK.

Bush doesn't come out too badly from the conversations. I mean, he does come out as an ignorant, boorish, foul mouthed cretin. But we knew that already. Whereas Blair, well, he comes across as an odious little suck-up. Bush opens the conversation with "Yo!Blair!". If someone said something like that to me my first instinct would be to tell 'em to go and make love to themselves (or words to that effect). But aside from the fact that Bush treats him throughout the conversation with utter contempt, there is the wince inducing image of Blair desperately trying to be a World's Statesman. "Oooo, Mr Bush sir, please can I go to the Middle East to look important. Please. I promise I won't do or say anything to help, I'll let Condi go out and do all that later. I just want to look important. Please, Mr Bush, I'll be you're best friend."

Blair, you shameless, creeping media whore, if you want to go to the Middle East, just go and fucking do it. Don't ask for Bush's permission. And if you are going out there actually try to resolve the problem. It is not a media exercise, and it is not about your legacy. People are dying. The Middle East is sliding to war. The last thing they need is someone to just "go out and just talk."

Good God it makes me feel physically sick to think that our Prime Minister goes crawling to that borderline retarded President to beg for the right to go on a media tour of the war torn Middle East. The only time we can possibly have a special relationship with the US again is when Blair extracts his nose from Bush's anal regions and actually stands up for himself - or we get a new Prime Minister who actually has a backbone.

I favour the latter option. Although whether Brown or Cameron will prove to have more of a backbone is open to debate.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home