Friday, July 07, 2006

Publicise This!

One of the main objections to ID cards is that the cost will be more than the government is stating. Therefore, in order to allay these concerns, the government could reveal what the costs are. But as the BBC website shows, they are fighting any attempts to publically reveal what the costs are. Ipso facto, the anti-ID card lobby is right and the government knows how much ID cards will really cost. And those costings do not help their case.

No2ID should be shouting about this.

The Conservative Party should be shouting about this.

The Liberal Democrats should be shouting about this.

Any blog with concerns about ID cards should be shouting about this.

The fight against ID cards isn't over until they are in our wallets or purses.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:57 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Yes, I have considered that. Then rejected it, as both parties have stated that they are against ID cards. As, if memory serves, has the House of Lords.

 
At 10:28 pm , Blogger Teddy Dupont said...

Identity cards are an excellent idea. They would help overcome the problem of my continually forgetting who I am but unfortunately not solve the quandary of my forgetting where I am or why I am there.

Of course I might well forget where I have put the card and that would throw me into an even worse turmoil.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home