Wednesday, May 31, 2006

*blogging with a point*

Now, I can't really explain why I have a blog. Actually, no wait, I can. I think that the Moai was getting sick of me filling up his blog with my ramblings. But there is no particular point to The Appalling Strangeness. I am not recounting how I live my life (and, to be honest with you, that is a good thing as my life is strikingly dull a lot of the time) and I have no great wisdom that I wish to impart to the world. It really is just a collection of my thoughts as and when they occur to me. The theme, if you like, seems to be my dislike of David Cameron and my hatred of the Blair administration. Coupled with occasional comments on music. And sharing terrible jokes.

This is a very different sort of blog. The story of a life changing journey, of a lonely, homeless person who decided one day that she wanted to share her life with the world. And now the world is listening. If you read the first few posts, the sense of isolation and shame about her problems really is quite heart breaking. This is what I would call *blogging with a point*. She has a story to tell, and it is one worth hearing. I can't claim that I have - but, to be honest with you, given the experiences that this woman has been through, I am quite happy that the Appalling Strangeness is a collection of mad ramblings.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:13 pm , Blogger The Moai said...

Actually, I quite enjoyed having you on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home