Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Birthday Present

Given it is my birthday soon (well, it is two weeks away but like the Queen I am planning to celebrate for several months) I have been thinking about what I would like to have as a birthday present. And I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the best things that could possibly happen - the end of the regime in the Home Office of the sweaty baboon. And this could actually bring down the awful Clarke. Think about what the tabloid press is going to make of the Home Office releasing sex offenders into the community when they should have been deported. The headline of The Sun should be memorable tomorrow.

And if Clarke does go, it is another Blairite relegated from the Cabinet to the backbenches. Which means less support for Blair politically, and once again he will be associated with a failed minister. And all that surely brings the wonderful day when Blair leaves Number 10 even closer.

Therefore, the best birthday present for me would be the fall of Charles Clarke.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home