Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Local Elections, May 4th

Possible preamble to something that may well end up on the UKDF but something I need to rant about nonetheless.

Received my polling card for the local elections yesterday. Now I think voting is so important. I get frustrated by those who can't be bothered to vote. But I don't know who to vote for this time out. David Cameron - too empty, too PR, too Etonian. Tony Blair - corrupt, tired and on his way out. Menzies "Ming the Merciful" Campbell - an old man leading a party that tore itself apart at the beginning of the year. And as for UKIP and the other freak parties - not a hope.

And I know that some will claim that at local elections you should vote for local issues. But you just know that whatever party does best - their national leadership will be claiming victory the next day. And the party that does least well will have their national leadership spinning desperately the next day. This is not about local issues, this is a referendum on the political parties a fifth of the way through the parliamentary term. And at this point, I don't think any of them deserve to do well.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home