Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, you poor dears!

MPs whining, through the mouthpiece of their doctor:
The new, tougher expenses regime is damaging MPs' "mental wellbeing", the doctor who looks after them has said.

Dr Ira Madan told a committee looking into the system that its "frustrations and difficulties" had increased workloads but decreased rewards.

She also said MPs were tired of being the butt of jokes about their expenses.
Hmmm. It is difficult to feel too much sympathy for MPs on this one - particularly since the current system, as frustrating and difficult as it might be, is down to the gross abuse of the previous system by many of them. And as for them being the butt of jokes? Oh, please. The poor fucking dears. Aren't they sensitive flowers? Seriously, if you are that thin-skinned that quasi-topical jibes about expenses, you are in the wrong profession.
And she said they were coming under greater pressure because of the "increased ability for constituents to readily contact members by email".
God for-fucking-bid that MPs should be readily contactable by MPs - the very people they are elected and paid to represent! What sort of a crazy system is that?

I was once taught that if you do something in your job and get caught, you should keep your head down, work bloody hard and prove yourself so your sin is ultimately forgiven. What do our MPs do now a system has been put in place after a scandal that dragged the Commons through the gutter and back again? Groan and grumble about how their lives have been made just a little bit more difficult. It is utterly pathetic, and further tarnishes their already devastated reputations.

6 Comments:

At 3:29 pm , Anonymous Michael Fowke said...

I see an opportunity here. If our MPs are all mental, they need to be locked away somewhere secure. And I don't mean the House of Commons.

 
At 6:05 pm , Anonymous JonP said...

WTF?! "...had increased workloads but decreased rewards"

i thought expenses were supposed to cover things you'd spent money on doing your job - and normally (for us mortals anyway) when you're away from home. They're not "rewards" - that's called a salary or a bonus (so the government can screw some tax out of it...)

 
At 10:50 pm , Blogger cartermagna said...

Fucking bang on.

Just recently I inconvenienced a salesman were I worked. He wanted the room I had booked and was agitated that I was foing wok that was already paid for

"Is what you;re doing going to bring in any money?"
"No, but it will fulfill our end of the contract that we've been paid for."
"I'm trying to keep us all in work here!"
"What? Don't pretend you're my fucking benefactor! Your job is to sell and mine is to deliver. You don't sell I can't deliver. I don't deliver something you've sold, you'll never sell again. Now get out of my rig room!"

I'm working hard to keep you all in work is no different than I'm working hard to keep myself in work. Pretending that it's some form of altruistic act when you get rewarded with a metric fuckton of cash just makes you a cunt.

 
At 8:55 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Pretending that it's some form of altruistic act when you get rewarded with a metric fuckton of cash just makes you a cunt.

Nicely put!

 
At 12:18 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they beginning to feel just a fraction of the frustration that I have to endure because of the sodding regulations that they nodded through the sausage machine that they laughingly call Parliament.

I'm supposed to be a technical manager but for every hour of technical work I do I have to spend two hours bashing forms, ring binders, rubber stamps, etc. in order to comply with a pile of useless legislation.

Most of them have never had a real job anyway, so welcome to the real world folks.

Frack 'em.

 
At 6:16 pm , Blogger James Higham said...

It is difficult to feel too much sympathy for MPs on this one

I have difficulty having sympathy for them on any one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home