Friday, February 11, 2011

Now, I'm no expert on the situation in Egypt, as I've already said. I can see how the demise of Mubarak is a good thing, and I can see how those involved in the protests want to feel some pride in the fact that their nemesis has fallen. But, having watched the events relatively closely over the past 48 hours, I'd have to strike a note of caution here. I'm not so sure that Mubarak went because of the power of the people, but rather because the military decided he was a lost cause. And that's something for the people to bear in mind as they move forward - the military is clearly crucial to the change happening in that country, but I'd be surprised if they don't play a big part in Egypt's future...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home