Thursday, May 20, 2010

Winston Smith Wins

Congratulations to Winston Smith (no, not him) who has won the Orwell Prize for his blogging. I have to say that his blog is one that I don't always agree with, but it is a compelling insight into a world that is often reported and debated, but seldom from the first-hand perspective and front-line experience of Smith. Plus, his blog is generally very well-written, which might seem to be unimportant, but given the sheer number of blogs out there that seem to be written by people with no grasp of the English language whatsoever, the importance of good writing should never be underestimated.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:49 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

I find he gives a horrific insight into a world I am glad to say that I have no first hand experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home