Thursday, May 06, 2010

An Election Wish

Well, we're just hours away from the first results in this much postponed and bitterly fought election campaign. I've no predictions - there are other blogs for that - and I've no real observations. But - in part inspired by Bella's post to the Election Fairy - I'd like to offer some wishes for this election. Actually, just one wish. One cherished wish...

I have no faith in any of the major parties vying for election today; not even the one I voted for. But I have absolutely no hope for this country unless we change our Prime Minister. So my hope is simple. Very, very simple. I hope this election ends the premiership of Gordon Brown. I hope that we are in the final hours of the Brown administration. I hope that, come tomorrow morning, Gordon Brown becomes an ex-Prime Minister. I hope he becomes a man writing his memoirs. I hope he becomes an answer in a quiz, where the question is "who was the worst British Prime Minister of all time?"

Yep, my one hope for this election is that Brown is forced from office. And surely that can't be too much to ask for?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:47 pm , Anonymous teachercreature said...

The despair you feel about our political system is deeply embedded throughout the country. The only way we can change things is by voting. But the system is stacked in favour of the old duopoly. And is there a better alternative? We are staring a return to the hungry 1930s in the face.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home