Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Body Scanner Abuse

As soon as I heard about the new airport body scanners, I knew someone would abuse the machines. But even I didn't think it would happen this quickly:
A security worker at London's Heathrow Airport has received a police warning and faces disciplinary action over claims he ogled a female colleague using a full-body scanner, officials said on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old worker made lewd comments after his colleague Jo Margetson, 29, mistakenly strayed into the scanner, which can see through clothes to produce an image of the body, the Sun newspaper reported.
So there we have it. Body scanners are being abused. Because technology may be tell whether someone is carrying a weapon, but human beings are going to be just as interested in a scan of someone's tits and genitals as they are in whether that person is carrying a bomb or not. Security technology will be consistently undermined by some of those people who use that technology.

*Link via the Moai.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:50 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point #1 - I do not support the use of these machines in any way, period.

Point #2 - I believe there will be widespread abuse such as this case, but please, after citing one single occurrence, don't insult us by proclaiming "So there we have it: body scanners are being abused". Sensationalism at it's finest. Wait for the facts to back you up. They haven't arrived yet. be patient.

 
At 10:38 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Don't be pathetic - I'm not insulting anyone. I am expressing my opinions and my own view on this topic. If you don't like those views or the way in which I express them, then there are many other blogs you can go and read. But don't insult me by telling me what I can and can't put on my own blog.

TNL

 
At 7:23 pm , Anonymous ArtCo said...

Cant fucking wait for 'Harry Hills Airport Blurp'

Give it a couple of years

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home