Saturday, January 09, 2010

Dissing Cameron to Big Up the Brown

There's a new Facebook Group in town - going by the name of "I bet I can find a million people who DON'T want David Cameron as our PM". Which is fine, and the sort of thing I can buy into. I don't really want Cameron as PM, anymore than I want Gordon Brown to become Prime Minister. But then I started to read the rhetoric about why Cameron shouldn't be Prime Minister. And it mentions the supposed failure of the Major/Thatcher years, it talks about inheritance tax and Cameron's supposed wealth, it even name drops Pinochet. Which makes me a little suspicious, since whilst this group claims to be for people from all political backgrounds, it reads just like the tedious shite we hear endlessly churned out by the Labour party. So I decided to take a look at who had created the page.

It's Phil McNally who's created this page. His Facebook page shows that he is a fan of... wait for it... Gordon Brown. He posts links on the page Cardiff Labour Students. And here, on LabourList, we can see a comment he left after the Derek Draper fiasco. Particularly telling are these words:
I'm having nothing more to do with labourlist until Derek Draper resigns as editor of it. If we lose the next election, it's because of people like you.
If "we lose the next election..." Could there be a clearer indicator of a Labour supporter? So... this group for people of all political backgrounds has been created by someone who is most definitely a Labour supporter, and most probably an active one. He's clearly not neutral, and I have some completely understandable doubts that his Facebook page is neutral either. This isn't about a neutral attack on Cameron, this looks for all the world like a Labour supporter attempting to attack the Leader of the Opposition in order to big up our atrocious incumbent Prime Minister. That is reason enough not to join this particular group...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:10 pm , Blogger Quiet_Man said...

I wont be voting Tory either, but I certainly wont vote Labour. I'll probably vote UKIP, they aren't perfect but they're the closest to what I actually want from a political party.

You'd think Labour supporters think people are thick, it's stuff like this that makes you realise they can't be trusted to be open and honest about what it is they do and support.

 
At 9:01 pm , Blogger James Higham said...

Yes, one should only judge on his current performance because it's bad.

 
At 10:22 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

I really struggle with the idea that this is a neutral Facebook Group when it is so clearly Labour inspired. Just as I struggle with the idea that this guy was so dumb in thinking that his pro-Labour views couldn't be revealed with just five minutes of googling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home