Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mr Eugenides has located this frankly superb review* of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. It sums up perfectly why this film killed the whole franchise (that I previously thought was quite diverting) for me. And also why Star Wars: The Phantom Menace remains the only film I have ever fallen asleep watching. In the cinema, anyway. Yep, Transformers was, without doubt, a shitter movie, but at least it was loud and bright. Which, if nothing else, kept me awake (and made me want to drink a lot of whisky after the end credits rolled). Star Wars: The Phantom Menace just reminded me that when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back at you.

*The fact that it is done in the manner of some sort of violent serial killer doesn't negate the validity of the points raised. That much...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:51 pm , Anonymous The Moai said...

You've only slept through one film? Try 'No Country For Old Men.' I'm a Coen brothers fan with insomnia (not a joke) and I was out cold after an hour.

 
At 3:58 am , Blogger cartermagna said...

That review is something different. Pure and utter genius. I just love the conviction the actress puts in the basement scene.

Dear God I hope that was an actress and that it was a scene...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home