Sunday, September 13, 2009

Elton John wants to adopt a toddler. Not sure this is such a great idea. Nothing to do with Elton's sexual orientation or his lifestyle. Much more to do with his motivations:
"Last week I lost one of my best friends; my keyboard player died of a heart attack at 52.

"It broke my heart because he was such a genius and so young and has two wonderful children.

"What better opportunity to replace someone I lost than to replace him with someone I can give a future to."
Hmmm. I know there are no shortage of crappy reasons for why people want to become parents, but seriously, adopting a child to replace your dead friend just seems a bit weird. Can you imagine this kid, when he's in his teens (and when Elton will be in his late seventies), asking his Dad why he was adopted. "Well, son, I had this fifty-two year old keyboard player who died so I thought, hey, why not adopt someone to fill that void in my life?"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home