Saturday, July 18, 2009

Quote of the Day

Self-aggrandising quote of the day fromĀ Ottmar Hoerl. Hoerl has got himself into trouble after one of his gnomes - doing a Nazi salute - was put in a public gallery and thus fell foul of the harsh anti-Nazi laws in Germany:
"With my gnomes I'm highlighting the danger of political opportunism and right-wing ideology."
Really? Are you? Maybe I'm missing something, but when I look at those gnomes, I just see... well, a garden gnome doing a Hitler salute. Not perhaps worth a criminal investigation, but I also don't quite see these gnomes as strident alarm ringing out against the twin "evils" identified by Hoerl...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:31 pm , Blogger James Higham said...

I agree that it is just a gnome doing a Hitler salute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home