Saturday, May 02, 2009

I had an e-mail from Abbey National yesterday, telling me that my online account details have been frozen. It was, of course, a spam e-mail - something that was obvious from the outset (not least because I don't have an Abbey National Account). But even if I did, I think my powers of deduction would enable me to realise this was a spam e-mail (partly because it was in my spam folder). For example, the title of the e-mail was this:
Abbey National Account Security Alert!!!
Now, not being funny, but most banks refrain from using the triple exclamation mark at the end of their security alerts. It isn't really what banks do; that overuse of punctuation is more typical of a teenage girl who has just written OMG.

So message to spammers - at least try to make an effort. You feckless, lazy cunts.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:19 pm , Blogger Dr Evil said...

It's a phishing expedition. I've had one from virtually every 'bank' in the UK. All bogus of course. Quite amusing to go to the site, but Firefox immediately come up with a huge warning page.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home