Saturday, February 07, 2009

Accidentally quoting films

I've no idea whether those accused of the Meredith Kercher murder are guilty or not.* But this comment struck me as quite interesting. From Raffaele Sollecito,:
I'm not a violent person... People who know me know that I find it hard to kill a fly.
Which reminds me of the end of the original Psycho, and the words spoken by Norman Bates after he has gone completely mental and has become his dead mother:
I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."
Either Sollecito is innocent and has no idea about film history, or he is guilty and has a very odd - and arch - sense of humour.

*Except for the guy who was found guilty. I think he's probably guilty. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home