Thursday, July 31, 2008

YouTube

The government is having a bit of a pop at YouTube. They want the site to remove sick and dark video clips, like those depicting gang rape. Which is fair enough, really. Except YouTube already has a method to flag, and then remove, those videos. The government's gripe seems to be that they don't do it quickly enough. Quite how they would be able to do so is beyond me. I reckon YouTube is suffering from the problem that all sites that allow public access suffer from - mainly that some members of the public are cunts.

That said, I haven't come across anything on YouTube that is shocking, dark, disgusting etc. Part of the reason for that is because I only use YouTube to watch music videos, film trailers, random clips of Doctor Who and old episodes of The Tripods. And yes, I am aware of how geeky that makes me sound. And on all my interactions with YouTube the worst thing I have come across is not a sickening video, but rather the endless video monologues of people who believe that because they have a webcam, they have an opinion that is actually worth hearing.

They don't. They film endless videos of themselves talking shite, unaware that their videos are only going to be watched by terminal insomniacs desperate for a bit of kip. They don't seem to understand that their videos are about as interesting as a coma. And slightly less worth watching than a horrific car accident. Furthermore, they really shouldn't make videos of themselves as, generally speaking, they have faces that only a mother could love. And it we're talking a grudging love here, based on a deep-seated maternal instinct rather than anything more valid.

From my experience, the real problem for YouTube is ugly people being boring rather than anything else. Although I some how doubt that MPs will end up complaining about that - after all, they too are ugly people being boring...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:56 am , Blogger RobW said...

I think you have a problem. You don't seem to understand. The world 'must' be made 'perfect'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home