Thursday, January 18, 2007

Things that I never thought would happen

Apologies for the lack of activity on here of late. I have been knocked out by a nasty illness that had a lot of the symptoms of the 'flu but clearly wasn't the 'flu*.

Along with the phrase "and pigs might fly", I thought the phrase "and Lembit Opik appears in Hello with a third rate pop singer" was a rock solid way of expressing the absolutely impossible. How wrong I was.

I don't know whether he will ever warrant one, but whoever does become Lembit Opik's auto-biographer should have a whale of a time. What with his valiant fight for Spaceguard, his compelling defence of Charles Kennedy this time last year and his sterling support of Mark Oaten** coupled with his love of weather girls and the musically challenged, Opik's life should make for a compelling research project.

*Can't have been the 'flu. I had a 'flu jab less than a month ago. And I refuse to believe that I went through the trauma of having a flu jab (bearing in mind I hate needles) only to get the sodding illness a few weeks later.

**Come on, to be the only one out of 52 MPs supporting Oaten shows a certain dedication.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home