Friday, December 08, 2006

It is all falling apart, Davey Boy

Via DK I see another Tory bites the dust - and this time a relatively high-profile one. And he sums up the way I feel about the Conservatives under Cameron:

"I didn't leave the Conservative party; the Conservative Party left me."

Amen to that.

I think it can only be a matter of time before Cameron loses a high profile shadow cabinet member - I would love it to be be Hague, but he seems to be kissing too much arse at the moment. Davis is still to career motivated... but Fox might be willing to do so. But fuck it, I don't care who it is. The more high-profile people who leave the better. Cameron has built a fragile house of cards that is based simply on popularity in the polls and nothing else. He gains votes from the centre but loses them from the right. The Toynbee story was the straw that broke the camel's back - every right minded right wing Tory is not going to sacrifice that party's heart and soul so a shattered shell of a party can win a General Election. There is no point in replacing Nu Labour with a party modelled on Nu Labour - pure and simple.

It turns out the Tory party members do give a fuck about what the party stands for - and Cameron is now finding this out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home