Monday, August 21, 2006

Dear Christ, he's at it again.

Sir Ian Blair, that is. The only man, aside from the EU Jaguar Mountain and Ming the Merciful, who can make his namesake, our dear leader, appeared poised, in control and charismatic. For Sir Ian has said that here in London, we can leave our doors open for the first time in 25 years.

I'm sorry, what? What in the name of all that is holy is this walking lobotomy talking about now?

Christ on a trike, Ian, I live in Westminster - one of the poshest areas of London. In fact, my residence is not that far from your offices in *New* Scotland Yard. This area is filled with PCSO's, armed officers and general beat police. I would argue that, owing to the massive police presence, this is one of the safest areas in London. Much more so than Haringey - at least according to the people I know who live there. And do I leave my front door open? Do I bollocks. The door to my flat is double-locked when it is not occupied. And that is typical of just about everyone I know who lives in this area and this city.

I don't know what planet you are on, Sir Ian. And I don't know what you are trying to achieve with these idiotic comments. But Jesus, man, you are supposed to be in charge of the Met when there is an unprecendented level of terrorist threats to this city (and to this country). I suggest that you shut up and get on with your job of leading the Met, rather than spouting off about some weird pipe dream.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home