Saturday, July 29, 2006

Actually, He's Right

Blair is getting more and more hassle "at home" (ie in the country that he is supposed to be running when he is not gadding about, playing the international statesman poorly) about positioning himself so closely to the Americans over the crisis in Israel/Lebanon. Even shameless sycophants like the bat-shit mad Miliband are apparently breaking ranks and criticising him in cabinet. But the problem is, as much as it pains me to say this (and I am in near physical agony admitting this), that Blair is right.

I have no time for his poodle like love for Dubya, as I have previously mentioned. But that does not mean I think every time he sides with Bush he is automatically wrong. The cause of this crisis is Hezbollah kidnapping Israeli troops and then chucking missiles at Israel. And any lasting solutions to the crisis needs to acknowledge this.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home