Monday, March 27, 2006

Goin' Solo

Just as Paul Weller formed the Style Council, just as Paul McCartney formed Wings and just as Mick Jones formed Big Audio Dynamite, so the Nameless Tory has embarked on his own solo project.

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about (and I think that probably covers most of the population) I have been an occasional contributor to the Moai's excellent Kalahari Lighthouse and have become a collaborator with him on the new, and hopefully equally excellent, UK Democratic Forum (that's UKDF for those who like abbreviations and aren't intimidated by Forums who sound like Irish terrorists organisations from the 1970's). Most of my sensible, coherent ideas will be on the UKDF. This blog will be more about my caustic observations on modern life than anything useful.

It is probably worth noting that I am neither Nameless nor a Tory. I have a name, and am also not a Tory. True, I voted Tory in 2005, and actively campaigned for this man against this one. But in 2001 I voted Labour, and was briefly a member of the Student Labour Party whilst at university. Basically I support any party has policies that make sense to me. If I had to define myself, it would be as a Democrat (a Lyndon Johnson style Democrat, rather than Hilary Clinton style neo-Republican). "The Nameless Tory" is a wry comment from the Moai about the fact that, compared to him, I am right wing. Don't be scared of my apparent support for the party of Margaret Thatcher...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:53 am , Blogger The Moai said...

Welcome, mate.

TM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home