Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I must be missing something...

...because I really can't figure out why this man has been arrested. Listing MPs he claimed voted for the Iraq War can't be a crime - isn't that information publicly anyway? Isn't it on a number of different websites and contained in public documents like Hansard?

I suppose it must be something to do with what he put with the list of MPs because otherwise there's surely no cause to arrest someone for publishing information that is already in the public domain, and has been for over half a decade. The alternative is that we've drifted into being a totalitarian shithole far quicker than I ever anticipated, even in my most cynical moments...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:10 pm , Blogger DJ Flagship said...

I'm surprised that our old friend, The Communications Act 2003 wasn't invoked. Still, there's plenty more authoritarian pieces of legislation to make up the absence and to blow off a few layers of dust, as can be seen...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home