Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reckless Drunk

The wonderfully named Mark Reckless on being too drunk to vote on the Finance Bill:
"I remember someone asking me to vote and not thinking it was appropriate, given how I was at the time.

"If I was in the sort of situation generally where I thought I was drunk I tend to go home.

"Westminster is a very special situation and all I can say... is given this very embarrassing experience I don't intend to drink at Westminster again."
It's funny, but in most places I've worked if you are drunk in the workplace then you get the sack. Reckless is lucky - very lucky - that he is in the Commons, where it is one rule for his lot, and one rule for the rest of us...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:36 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

I thought it was mandatory for the thieves of wesminster to be drunk when making decisions that affect us all.

 
At 4:19 am , Blogger Kimpatsu said...

@TonyF:
No, it's not mandatory; it just seems that way because of all the daft legislation they pass.

 
At 10:23 pm , Blogger SadButMadLad said...

No wonder we get such wonderfully drafted laws.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home