Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back!

Well, I'm back from holiday. It was very nice, thank you for asking. I dare say I have missed a great deal, but until I sit down and start doing some reading I'm not going to be able to figure out exactly what I want to comment on. And I'll be honest with you, that isn't going to happen today. But I'm sure you will all survive. Somehow. 

But whilst I am briefly on this blog, I'd just like to point out that this sort of thing sums up why I am no longer a Tory. They are jumping on the anti-banker bandwagon in the pseudo-populist manner of that shyster Tony Blair. But worst of all, it has allowed Peter Mandelson - the serpent king of spin - to criticise the Tories for being opportunistic. 

Own goal here for the Tories, and not the sort of error that the next government of the United Kingdom should be making. 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:02 am , Blogger James Higham said...

Where are the piccies?

 
At 10:36 am , Blogger Obnoxio The Clown said...

Actually, I think Osborne is right: if you have the taxpayer on the hook for anything, you shouldn't be waving taxpayer money around. It's no different to the government pissing our money away on the dole.

 
At 8:16 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Obo,

I know what you are saying; however, if we are to get any sort of return from these banks that the government has "invested" in then we need to incentivise the talented people in those organisations and work to retain them as well. The government should never have bought the fucking things in the first place; now it has, it needs to do all it can to try to recover some of the taxpayer money sunk into these sodding banks.

Plus, this pronouncement from Osborne reeks of disliking banking bonuses as a concept, rather than just wanting to restrict/end bonuses for partially public owned banks.

TNL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home