Thursday, July 23, 2009

Norwich North Labour - Vote LPUK

Now, I don't have a vote in the Norwich North by-election. Mainly because I live in Nottingham. But if I did, you can be sure that I would vote for the Libertarian Party. 

Looking at the line-up for Norwich North, it seems to me that there are no shortage of candidates to vote for. In fact, this by-election has brought out 12 candidates for this one seat. So how can I be sure that this one candidate - an 18 year old running for Parliament for the first time - is actually the best option?

Well, I'm a member of the same party as him, which is a good start. But it is more than that. I've followed the campaign in Norwich North* and have to say that Burridge has come across as the most eloquent and open candidate. Mainly because he is the only one with something new to say. 

The messages from the independents - when they have been allowed to be heard - never quite overcome this deep-seated feeling I have that they are running for Parliament for the sake of their own egos. And the other smaller parties - we've heard the comments from UKIP, from the Greens and the odious racism of the BNP many times before, and unfortunately - for those movements - it doesn't get them anywhere. 

So onto the three main parties. The messages from all the other recognised parties have been heard time and time again. And of the three main parties, all of their messages seem to mean nothing when they get to power. Lest we forget, this by-election has been forced by the outrageous behaviour of our elected representatives in power. Yeah, the person in this case was Labour - but members of all parties have been caught with their hands deep in the till. 

A vote for LPUK is a vote that says that the behaviour of our elected oligarchy has been despicable, and will not be tolerated. It is also a vote for a refreshing ideology within the UK - one that will give more freedom, more responsibility and more money back to you. So for me, the people of Norwich North have a choice - they can either vote for the bland messages of the main parties and get the status quo, or they vote for something new. 

*Remotely - sorry, I'm very bad at doing real-life campaigning for LPUK, which I'm sorry about. But if there are any Libertarians in the Nottingham/East Midlands area who want to get in contact then my e-mail address is thenamelesst [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home