Friday, March 20, 2009

Going to see "Watchmen" Tonight

And as a result I find myself in a state of what is referred to as "anticipointment" In Russell T Davies' wonderful The Writer's Tale. See, I'm looking forward to seeing the film. I have been a fan of the original source material for the best part of a decade now. I think the director's remake of Dawn of the Dead was original and outstanding, especially coming in an era when remaking a horror film seems to be an excuse to produce dross. But whilst I'm looking forward to the film, I'm also aware that I will probably walk away disappointed. 

After all, there has never been a good adaptation of an Alan Moore film. The best ones, the likes of V For Vendetta and From Hell are lightweight, ersatz representations of the genius of Moore's original comic books. The worst ones - stand up The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - sound so bad that I cannot actually bring myself to watch them. So I kind of know that no matter how good the film is, I'll still end up disappointed by it.

Hence "anticipointment." But we'll see. And for anyone who cares, I may publish a review of it over the weekend. That's assuming that it isn't so shit that I can't bring myself to think about it though...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home