Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Regular readers of this blog will have no doubt about my feelings towards the Leader of the Opposition. Indeed, his embracing of the rhetoric of Polly Toynbee was the final straw that ended my membership of the Tory party. But I know I will not be alone in putting aside my feelings today to offer my sympathy to both him and his family.

I'd imagine that there will be some who look for the silver lining in this event. There will probably be some who argue that this might be the catalyst for Cameron becoming a more mature person and a more heavyweight politician. Anyone who thinks that way has never seen someone who has lost a close family member. This is likely to haunt Cameron not just in the coming weeks and months, but for years as well. Whilst ill children do die, there will be no comfort in that realisation for the Cameron family. 

This is a tragedy for Cameron, and for his family. And the only decent thing to do is express sorrow at their loss.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home