Friday, January 02, 2009

The New Doctor

The new Doctor Who will be announced tomorrow afternoon. It is a foregone conclusion, really, and the choice is obvious. But I promise you, I will do my best to be a great Doctor Who.

Mind you, the production office seem to be leaving it really late to offer me the job if they are announcing me as the new Doctor tomorrow afternoon. I mean, it is nice that they have so much faith in both my acting ability and my geekiness that they didn't need me to audition for the role, but it is good manners to confirm with your new lead actor that he is ok to take on the role before you announce him in that position. 

Unless... you don't think they're going to offer the job to someone else again, do you...?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:18 pm , Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

Yep, it's me.

No, I jest. I know who it is, in fact. In keeping with the development of the Doctor's darker side, they really wanted someone with -- in that now famous phrase -- something of the night about them.

That's right: it's Michael Howard...

DK

 
At 11:11 pm , Blogger Mark Wadsworth said...

My shortlist is either Russell Brand or that Jonathan Creek chappie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home