Friday, January 02, 2009

BB

Does anyone still watch this?

Ok, I'm biased - the only reason why I have a TV is to watch Doctor Who and its related spin-offs. But I can't believe that anyone can still get excited by Big Brother - Celebrity edition or otherwise.

To me, Big Brother is like the Woolworths of TV - something that is past its prime, and is waiting for the inevitable axe to fall. So I can't see why it doesn't just happen, and we can all be put out of our misery. After all, the sooner C4 gets rid of Big Brother, the sooner it can resurrect it amongst a storm of publicity in a few years from now. 

Watching Big Brother makes even less sense to me than watch the godawful soaps that clog up the airways. At least in a soap opera, stuff happens. Ok, deeply unrealistic and largely laughable stuff, but there are events. Whereas in Big Brother you just have tedious, unlikable people sitting around behaving like weapons grade dickheads. 

I suppose it is too much to hope that the events of Dead Set will overtake this year's Celebrity Big Brother, but zombies tearing through the assorted has-beens and general publicity whores heading into the house would actually be worth watching...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home