Thursday, November 06, 2008

Cameron, Brown, Obama; Peas In A Pod?

So both David Cameron and Gordon Brown have used the election of Barack Obama to try to boost their popularity. A truly desperate attempt on behalf of our leaders to get some of the reflected glory from Obama's triumph. But then again, what would you expect from two shameless publicity and popularity whores?

Besides, Obama has achieved something neither Cameron or Brown has achieved (and at least one of them is destined never to achieve) - Obama has won a national election. There are, of course, some other areas in which both Cameron and Brown aren't that similar to Barack Obama - as The Daily Mash nicely points out:

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the president-elect said: "Mr Cameron strikes us as the sort of person who would have owned Michelle's great-great grandparents. "

And as for Gordon Brown - we are nothing like him. Nothing. Like him. At all."

He added: "I want to hear you say it."
Satire, maybe; but those words are probably not a million miles from the truth - assuming that Barack Obama actually bothers to follow Prime Minister's Questions. Which, given what has happened to him over the past 24 hours, seems a little unlikely.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:50 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Don't mind if I don't there, Sachin.

Jeez, this sort of comment makes me wonder whether I should have a comment policy on this blog. I don't mind people arguing with what I say, but I do have an issue with people posting plugs for their books or their blogs here. If your comment is interesting enough, I might click on your name to see your blogger profile. But seriously, touting your wares on this minor British political blog is both ineffective and irritating.

So I might start deleting all those who are simply using the comments as a chance to plug their own meandering ramblings. Or I might not. Depends whether I can be arsed, really.

TNL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home