Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Expense of Our Leaders

The expense claims of some of our top leaders have been revealed by the obese Speaker of the House. It should go without saying, but I will say it anyway. The make for pretty sickening reading. But after all the revelations of the past few months, I can't say that I am that surprised, despite my disgust.

I can get over the fact that John Prescott spent £4,000 of our money on food. In fact, I'm surprised, giving the size of that behemoth, that it wasn't a lot more. I can just about forgive Michael Howard for claiming more on expenses than I earned as my annual salary for the first three years of my career. Yes, they have pissed tax money away. But I'm completely used to it these days.

But what really riles me - what really fucking pisses me off - is Tony Blair claiming his TV licence. Yes, it is not a massive amount of money. Yes, it is a drop in the ocean next the total amounts our elected leaders have been cunting away. But it is just so... petty of Blair to claim back his TV licence. He could afford it a thousand times over; he expected everyone else in the fucking country to pay it; he lived in Number 10 Downing Street at the very heart of government surrounded by every technological innovation and invention he could need; and despite all of that he still claimed his TV licence. The tight-arsed, penny pinching, hypocritical bastard.

These disclosures of expenses remind of one key thing - that as we all sit - aghast at the incompetence of Brown and the corruption of his minions - we are witnessing them following the lead of the former PM.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:27 am , Blogger Letters From A Tory said...

On Blair's salary, I don't think he really needed any assistance from the taxpayer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home