Friday, April 04, 2008

It is starting... again!

There’s a lot of important stuff going on this weekend. Probably. I don’t know, and I can’t be bothered to find out either. However, as the more sage amongst you will know doubt know, there is only one crucial event of the weekend. That is the start of the new series of Doctor Who.

Of course, I am a shameless Who geek, so I’m going to be looking forward to it. But I genuinely think that it is worth watching, even if you are not a fan. It is (generally speaking) very well written and very entertaining. So tune in. Enjoy.

There is one potential problem, though. Tomorrow night sees the return of Donna Noble, as played by Catherine Tate. I’m not a fan of Catherine Tate – in fact, her voice sends shivers of rage and disgust down my spine, and her gormless face makes me want to burn down crowded building. She wouldn’t have been my choice for companion.

But I have some faith in the programme makers. I wasn’t sure Billie would be a good companion, and she turned out to be excellent. I wasn’t sure how well David Tennant would do in the role of the Doctor, and he has made it his own. So hopefully the producers know what they are doing. And if they don’t – even if Tate is appalling and drags the programme down for the whole of this new season – I’ll still watch it. I’ll watch it even if I spend every second of every minute of every broadcast hating it.

Such is the curse of being a fanboy…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home