Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Diana, Paris, and Sky News

At the risk of banging on too much about Diana and becoming like The Daily Express, I caught a glimpse of Sky News earlier today. They were reporting on the Princes' response to the Inquest verdict, and had a split screen on their channel. One side was showing Kensington Palace, which I suppose makes an obscure form of sense. However the other side was showing the tunnel in Paris where Diana died. And I cannot work out why.

What on earth did they expect to see? Another fatal car accident? The rusting wreck of the beamer, still not cleared away by the French authorities? Perhaps the ghost of Diana, looking forlorn by the tunnel entrance. Maybe an MI6 agent arriving at the tunnel, only to breakdown in tears and confess to murder? I mean, there must be a cost attached to sending a camera operative to that site in Paris. And what did Sky News get in return? Footage of traffic. On a road. And not much else.

Maybe it is my inability to see a point in that footage that has denied me the chance to have a career in media...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home