Monday, May 14, 2007

Sweeney, Scientology and Speech

Whilst anyone who takes on Scientology deserves a pat on the back in my book, I am afraid I am going to disagree with one of John Sweeney’s statements after his outburst against one of the cult’s – sorry, religion’s – representatives. He said:

"I am a British subject, not an American citizen, and in my country we have a freedom of speech. I have a right to report that."

Er, no, John. There is no guaranteed freedom of speech here in the UK – the government can suppress freedom of speech. You have no right to report it here - whereas in the US, freedom of speech is enshrined in the constitution.

John Sweeney would do far better in making his case of he got his facts right. And if, by his own admission, he didn’t end up looking like “an exploding tomato”…

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:17 pm , Blogger Lermanet.com said...

The actual training training, the formula if you will, that the scientologist was using on Mr Sweeney to incite him is here:

http://www.lermanet.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home