Monday, June 12, 2006

Great Quotes #1

Some of my favourite quotes:

"I could have been a politician or a piano player in a whore house. And to tell you the truth, there ain't much difference." - Harry S. Truman

"I recall writing (and the words now make me shudder) that the only meaningful sacrament left to human beings was for them to gather in the streets in order to be sick together, splashing vomit on the paving stones as the final and most eloquent plea to an apparently deaf, dumb and blind God." - Dennis Potter

"No, no. No, see this is a really shit idea. You know why? Because it's really obviously a shit idea." Jim, in 28 Days Later

"There are no favorites in my office. I treat them all with the same general inconsideration." - Lyndon B. Johnson

And, of course:

"You can't conceive, nor can I, the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God" - Graham Greene

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home