Monday, April 04, 2011

Charlie Sheen Live!

The fan response to the recent Charlie Sheen live show:
Fans walked out chanting "Refund!" and were quick to express their disappointment outside.
Sorry, but precisely what were you all expecting from an addict in meltdown? Witty erudition? Sublime eloquence? An evening with Peter Ustinov? It's a bit like going to see Shane MacGowan live, and then expressing dismay that he was slurring his words.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd have been disappointed if I'd paid to see that show. But I avoid that disappointment by not going to see that show. And anyone who did otherwise is either naive or stupid as far as I am concerned.

You wanted to see someone in meltdown; you did see someone in meltdown. Just 'cause you found out that it wasn't as entertaining as Withnail and I...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:54 pm , Blogger James Higham said...

Yes but as the audience matched the showman in psychological profile, it's all their own affair.

I loved the one about the woman walking down the road afterwards, complaining to anyone who would listen that she wanted a refund.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home